Tuesday 1 January 2013

River

Hello hello!

I have a new idea! (PS of course I havent finished my brave song yet - its a sickness to get bored half way through) My new idea stems from a short little story my grandma was telling me about the other day, recalling on the days when she was dating my grandpa.
She says that back in high school when she was first dating my grandfather Dave, they used to skip class together all the time to go get into trouble of some sort or another. She mentioned that one thing they used to do often was to drive his fixed up car down the side of the canal in Lethbridge. Though while she would be driving, she would also be towing my grandfather down the river on waterskis! The rope would be attached to the back of the car and they would do this on repeat for fun while the days were hot and they had to be creative for entertainment. I almost died when I heard this. How come i never got into crazy trouble like this when I was in high school? Completely hilarious.
My idea then is to be able to create a song where I can capture a moment like this in time. Perhaps have the music match that age when she would do this. I envision creating a video with this exact scene that has the retro feel that it needs to bring this picture to life.
I have no idea how I will be able to bring this about but I plan on gathering more information about their young lives together to gain inspiration.
For now I will have to leave you with just this, as this is the only thing I have to go on.

If you have any ideas please let me know!

<3 Girl Calgary

No comments:

Post a Comment